Mar 29 2018 1 Comment
The Rose of Jericho is a spiritual plant with amazing abilities and uses. There are 2 plants who share the name but todays blog will focus on the more common one found in most spiritual stores and botanicas.
The Rose Of Jericho, is known by many names such as:
- Jericho Rose
- Maryam’s flower
- Flower of St Mary, St. Mary’s Flower, Mary’s Flower
- White Mustard Flower
- Resurrection Flower, Resurrection Plant, Resurrection Fern
Scientifically, it’s a member of the Spike Moss Family (Selaginella lepidophylla). It a native plant from the Chihuahuan Desert of the United States and Mexico.
It’s most famous for being known as the "resurrection plant" for its quality of coming back to life. The plant when not near a water source curls up into a dry ball. When supplied again with water, the plant magically opens up with beautiful, fernlike leaves. They often turn a bright, vibrant green. When water is removed, it goes back into a state of hibernation again until water is introduced again. It is much like a tumbleweed, it stays rolled into a ball until it comes into a source of water.
Jericho Rose before water is added
It is this ability to consistently come back to life is what gives Jericho Rose it's magical and spiritual properties.
In spiritual practices, its believed to have the following properties or spiritual energy:
- Brings Peace, Prosperity and Abundance to a Home or Business
- Protects against illness and all types of negative energies and vibrations.
- Used as a type of Holy Water to bless people, objects etc
How to work with your Rose of Jericho:
There are many ways to work with Jericho Roses. The first step after buying your plant is to find a large enough bowl for the plant to fit in. Jericho Roses open up quite wide sometimes.
Hold the plant in your hands for a few minutes before you place it in the chosen vessel, take a moment to feel the energy of the plant. Sit and pray, meditate or give affirmations to the spirit of the plant.
After you charge/pray with your Jericho Rose, place it in the chosen vessel.
The next step is to add water to your plant. You can use Holy Water, River Water, Lake Water or even just plain tap water. Fresh water is best, as salty waters may have an adverse effect on the plant.
After the Jericho Rose is in its vessel, light a candle of your size & choosing near the plant (don’t let the flame get too close of course).
Every week or so, change the water so it’s always fresh and clear. Keep this water for use later on, we’ll explain further below.
Place coins in the water so your Jericho Rose always keep abundane and prosperity growing and coming to your home or business. Some people will also leave crystals "charging" on top of their Jericho Rose from time to time.
Some people choose to let the Jericho Rose dry out every once in awhile and then let it come “back” to life as a form of abundance and prosperity work. You can do this if you choose, some people will completely submerge their Jericho Rose, others will only keep the bottom part covered in water. The choice is yours, you will have to feel out the best way to work with your Jericho Rose in time.
Jericho Rose after it's placed in Water
As for the water you saved, it’s truly amazing and can be used in many ways.
- Sprinkle the water around your home or business for general blessings and good fortune
- Make a cross on the back of your front door for added protection
- Add Jericho Rose Water to floor washes and baths for Money Drawing and Abundance Work
- Use as a “Holy Water” to keep out evil spirits and energies.
- Sprinkle water around you home or office if energies are stagnant or unpleasant, Jericho Rose Water brings peaceful vibrations to environments.
- Wash the outside of your candles before burning them for added blessing and good luck in your work.
- Bless your favorite jewelry with Jericho Rose Water.
Lucky Jericho Rose Water™ Recipe
- Jericho Rose Water-2-3 cups
- Holy Water-1 cup
- River Water-1/2 cup
- Open Road Powder-teaspoonful
- High John Powder-teaspoonful
- Tobacco Cologne-1/4 cup
- Orange Cologne-1/4 cup
- Container or bottle large enough to store your Lucky Jericho Rose Water™.
7 Day Candle in the color of your choosing, a 7 Color Candle is really nice. Other suggestions are our 23rd Psalm Candle or Open Road Candle.
This is an easy Spiritual Water to make which can be saved and used later on. Simply mix the ingredients as indicated above. You can “tweak” this recipe to your own liking, maybe you like more orange cologne scent than tobacco, it’s up to you.
As always, Love, Light and Progress!